How to promote your listing(s)
Last Updated: January 2024 • Est. Read Time: 3 MIN
Once your listing is published, it’s visible to everyone on the StowHere! platform. And while potential renters can see your listing, you never know who else might be interested in storing their belongings in your space. Below we’ll share why, where, and how to promote your listing.
Where to promote your listing
When it comes to promoting your listing, think about where your potential renters are and tailor your approach to increase visibility. Below is a list of places and platforms where you can share your listing free of charge:
Facebook Marketplace: Facebook Marketplace is a widely used platform for buying, selling, and renting, making this a great option for promoting your storage space!
Craigslist: Craigslist is a classified advertisement website, great for renting out space to neighbors in your area.
Nextdoor: Nextdoor is a hyper-local platform, great for reaching neighbors and nearby communities.
Local bulletin boards: Posting your business flyer on bulletin boards in local grocery stores, libraries, or community centers is a great way to promote your space.
Word of mouth: Consider attending local events or community meetings to let people know about your space (This is a great way to get to know your neighbors too!)
- Social media: If you have a social media following, consider sharing your space on your personal social media channels. One of your friends may need storage or know of someone that does.
How to share your listing
Sharing your StowHere! listing on the platforms above is easy! However, it’s important to remember to keep business on the StowHere! platform so you stay protected terms and Conditions, secure automatic payments, and scam prevention.
Here’s how to share your space:
- Log into your Facebook account
- Find the “Marketplace” icon on the left-hand side menu on the desktop or bottom menu on the app
- Select “Create Listing” and choose “Item for sale”
- Copy and paste the space details from your StowHere! listing for the photos, title, price, and description sections
- For category, select “Miscellaneous”
- For condition, select “New”
- Ignore the “Sku” section
- Once you’ve filled in your information, you can publish your listing!
- When people are interested in your listing, you’ll receive a message in Facebook Messenger where you can send interested parties the link to your StowHere! listing where they may place a reservation.
- Log into your Facebook account
- Find the “Groups” tab on the left-hand side menu on the desktop app or the bottom menu on the mobile app
- Find relevant groups to share your listing in. (Groups focused on vehicles, storage, or local classifieds work best)
- Once you’re in the group, create a new post at the top of the screen
- In the post, briefly introduce yourself and your storage space, being sure to insert a link to your StowHere! listing. Adding a call to action like “Message me for details” can be helpful
- Ensure you adhere to the group’s rules regarding posting listings!
There are two options for Nextdoor. You can either share a simple message in your neighborhood letting them know you have storage space available, or you can list your space for sale. Below you’ll find steps on listing your space for sale:
Log into Nextdoor
Select the “For Sale” tab
Select “Your Listings”
Select “Post a Listing”
Provide listing details such as a title, description, photos, price, and category (we recommend posting in the Neighbor Services or Property Rentals category.)
Select the filter for how visible you would like your ad to be (we recommend “Anyone”)
When you’re done, you can post your listing!
When people are interested in your listing, you’ll receive a message through the Nextdoor App where you can send the interested party a link to your StowHere! listing where they may place a reservation.
Visit the main Craigslist website for your city or region
Select “Create a posting” in the top right corner
Select “Housing offered”
Select Parking & Storage”
Fill out your listing details
Follow the prompts to publish your listing!
You will receive messages from interested parties based on the preferences you set while making the ad either through text, phone call, or email where you may send them a link to your StowHere.com listing
Maximize your visibility
Whether you’re not getting renters, or just looking to expand your StowHere! business, sharing your listing across social and community platforms is a great way to increase your space’s visibility. And remember, our team is always here to support you, so don’t hesitate to reach out for guidance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy hosting!